10 Ames Avenue
Click to View
loading your dream home...
Nantucket Style in Ross!
Rarely available, extensively renovated, single story residence on a coveted cul-de-sac in the heart of Ross! The shingle and stone main residence, plus guest house, offer the rare combination: one-story living, .5+/- acre level grounds, AND newer construction. Impeccably done, designer finishes abound in an ideal floor plan totaling 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths. High ceilings, grand-scale rooms, classic architectural details, extensive use of Calacatta marble, and wide-plank hardwood floors. At the heart of the home, the massive great room entices gatherings large and small. Nearly all the rooms open to bluestone patios and sweeping level lawns, inviting indoor-outdoor living. Recently completed, the lush landscaping includes a vegetable garden, outdoor kitchen, fire pit, multiple outdoor dining areas, and many play spaces. So many extras like radiant heat, AV system, designer lighting, slate roof, and more – over $500,000 of improvements since 2015. Just minutes to the acclaimed K-8 Ross School, as well as hiking and biking trails at Phoenix Lake.
• Extensive renovation/rebuild completed in 2011
• Living room with custom built-ins, box-beam ceiling, gas fireplace, and designer lighting
• Great room with vaulted ceilings, gas fireplace, eating space overlooking the gardens, and French doors (with retractable screens) to patios.
• Kitchen with Calacatta marble counters, island seating for 5 people, custom cabinetry, 6-burner Wolf range & convection oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator, professional-style appliances, and skylights.
• All bathrooms feature white marble and high-end designer finishes.
• Master suite with private entrance to gardens, generous walk-in closet, and marble bath with soaking tub, walk-in steam shower, and dual vanities
• Home office space with room for two people to work from home
• Three additional guest bedrooms in the main house, all with custom desks and closets. Three marble baths at this end of the home; one is en-suite.
• Formal powder room off the great room.
• New wide plank wood floors throughout main house.
• Guest house with one bedroom and bath.
• High-end designer lighting system
• Sophisticated AV system with surround sound in great room, outdoor speakers, and multiple zones. Wifi booster system, plus hardwired internet and cable outlets.
• Whole house water filtration system and reverse osmosis drinking water filter.
• $250,000 landscape project completed, designed with many flowering plants to delight the senses in all seasons. Edibles include a lemon tree, lime tree, blueberries, strawberries, and a vegetable garden. Sophisticated irrigation system
• Bluestone patios with built-in BBQ, outdoor kitchen, gas fire pit, and Infinity Shade canopy
• Radiant heat in main house with supplemental forced air system
NO OPEN HOUSES OR BROKER TOURS
Showings by Appointment Only and in accordance with CAR and Marin County COVID-19 regulations.
Interested Parties please contact:
Don't let the grand homes, private tennis courts, and gated drives fool you; beneath its opulent exterior, Ross remains a perfect place to raise a family. Local families can be found relaxing on the pristine Ross Common, or picnicking, hiking, and fishing around nearby Phoenix Lake. Hiking and biking trails abound, and it's easy to spend an entire day on Mount Tamalpais. Diners can choose from Italian home cooking at Trattoria Fresco or French provincial cuisine at Marche aux Fleurs, a restaurant noted for its elegant garden dining and menu featuring the freshest, local seasonal ingredients available.